22 setembro 2011

Deixa-me rir...

Caros audiophiles, this week I present another new English singer/songwriter who was unknown to me until very recently when I happened to hear a radio interview. There I discovered that Scott Matthews has quietly achieved notable recognition among his fellow musicians, in particular winning a prestigious Ivor Novello Award for the song "Elusive" that you will hear. This award is nothing to do with popularity and record sales, but everything to do with the craft of song writing.

His voice and style reminds me very much of the late lamented Jeff Buckley, and also of Rufus Wainwright, which means a great pedigree.

I am going to see him perform in concert next week. I'm expecting a memorable night.



A proxima.

PO

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

How I wish I could go with you to this gig! But, helas, I live in Lisbon. Yes, he is good, I love this simplicity. But he lacks the drama and maturity of Jeff Buckley. Rufus Wainwright I don't know so well. But he (SM) still has a long way to go in terms of "growing up" inside. My opinion, of course. Bjs. pcp

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue