13 dezembro 2012

Deixa-me rir...


Caros Audiophiles, I do not listen very often to grand opera, but I do have some familiarity at least with the popular famous arias.

However, I was listening the other day to a radio programme where the guest who was being interviewed chose an aria from Handel's Rodelinda. In truth I had never heard of this opera, and certainly not this aria "Lo t'Abbraccio", which means "I Embrace You". But it sounded exquisite, a perfect piece of music that captured my mood at the time.

I confess I still do not know the story of Rodelinda. It must be a tragic one, like all operas seem to be. Judging from the video, performed by Andreas Scholl and Anna Catarina Antonacci, it would seem that the lovers are obliged to say farewell to one another. There is no high melodrama or over-the top acting and emotions, just an understated human realisation and acceptance of their fate.



A proxima.

PO

Sem comentários:

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue