25 abril 2013

Deixa-me rir...


Caros Audiophiles, earlier tonight at a concert I was transported back to the summer of 1987 when Liverpool singer-songwriter Colin Vearncombe and his band Black enjoyed their greatest successes. The name may not be immediately familliar, but I think you will instantly recognise the songs.

I had not heard any new music from Black for many years and so I was curious to check out their concert. Tonight's intimate venue comprised just Colin V and his fellow acoustic/electric guitarist, but together they created some wonderful interplay of intricate guitars and vocal harmonies. I did expect to hear a few more of their 'greatest hits' but in fact they chose to concentrate on more recent and less well-known (and unknown to me) songs. But I was not disappointed.

It was not so easy to find good quality videos of recent songs, and so here we go, back to that summer of 1987 and the original video recordings for "Wonderful Life" and "Sweetest Smile":






A proxima.
PO

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Um classico como estes, impossivel nao conhecer! Boa escolha, obrigada :)

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue