19 abril 2012

Deixa-me rir...

Caros Audiophiles, with apologies this week for a very brief introduction. Since I am travelling, I thought of the song Safe Travels (Don't Die) by Irish singer-songwriter Lisa Hannigan. It comes from her new CDPassenger. and captures nicely her soulful charm and quiet humour. She will be performing at Optimus Alive Oeiras in July if you are interested in exploring her music further.




Please eat your greens
and don't sit close to tv screens,
your eyes are a means to an end.
And I would be sorry if, due to your hurry,
you were hit by a lorry my friend. 
Like you always say,
Safe travels, don't die, don't die,
safe travels, don't die. 
Don't walk on ice, no matter how nice,
how sturdy, enticing it seems.
Please cross at the lights
and don't start fires or fights and
don't dabble with heights on caffeine. 
Don't swallow bleach
out on Sandymount beach,
I'm not sure I'd reach you in time my boy.
Please don't bungee jump
or ignore a strange lump
and a gasoline pump's not a toy. 
Like you always say
Safe travels, don't die...
 
 
A proxima.
 
PO

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Great choice, as usual, P! Hope the weather will help your handicap... bjs. pcp

Anónimo disse...

Lovely Philip. You posted something from her some time ago, I think.

Beijs
ML

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue