14 junho 2012

Deixa-me rir...


Caros Audiophiles,

I know that Portugal commemorates its National Day on 10th June. And yesterday the 13th was the feast of S Antonio in LIsbon, when some years ago I spent a fun night with friends singing and drinking our way through Alfama. And yesterday also the Portuguese football team defeated Denmark and managed to keep their hopes alive until at least the final group match in the Euro Championships.

So...I'm guessing there must have been much celebration and dancing in the streets.

Which reminds me of this really 'cool' song by Marshall Hain from the summer airwaves of 1978, when happy innocent days were dominated by Grease and disco nights by Saturday Night Fever, when I had just left school and was soon to begin university and experience living in a city.





A proxima.
PO

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Great song! I've always liked it. Very much played in Portuguese discos years back! Bjs. pcp

Ana CC disse...

Thanks for the nice words. It is important to get positive external appreciation.

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue