28 junho 2012

Deixa-me rir...

Caros Audiophiles, someone new this week who I discovered only recently. Australian Julia Stone first came to attention singing with her brother Angus, and they gained some success in their native county and America with their kind of minimalist acoustic songs.
In the past two years she has embarked on a solo career to follow different creative directions and has released already two albums, The Memory Machine and her new one By The Horns.
The song that introduced me to her, It's All Okay, comes from her new album. The insistent rhythm reminds me of Fleetwood Mac, which is no bad comparison, and I love the accompanying pulsing piano and the optimistic chorus.



So I was persuaded to check out her first album from which this sultry yearning offering, This Love, comes.





I hope you like.
  
A proxima,
 
PO

3 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

I love novelties as you well know, P. This one I am not so sure about, though. I don't particularly like her voice, but I do like the first song a lot. I like the beat, the rhythm and the video. There's something suffocating and paranoid about it. For some weird reason, maybe because its lyrics are also suffocating, I made this crazy assocation with Sting and Every Breath you Take. xxx. pcp

marialemos disse...

Hi PO,

I liked the different, the not "oh so pretty" voice that you introduced to us in your post.

For me the first clip is perhaps related to Pop Art, Roy L. perhaps, http://tinyurl.com/6tjc52l.

(And I confess that I loved the car & the shoes that appeared in the clip)

Beijinhos de Lisboa,
ML

Anónimo disse...

Trying again:


http://tinyurl.com/cdxtqsz


Beijinho
ML

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue