18 julho 2013

Deixa-me rir...


Caros Audiophiles, I had the privilege recently of catching singer-guitarist Bonnie Raitt for the first time in concert. Her career spans more than 40 years, incorporating mainly blues, rock and folk, and her acclaimed slide guitar playing makes her something of a musician's musician. She has collaborated with many artists, and together with her political activism, charity work and constant touring, she has become a much-revered Lady of the Road. But it is her soulful bluesy voice that I admire most.
Although I had a passing familiarity with her name for some years before, I first noted her in 1989 with her song and album Nick Of Time, and then her follow-up album Luck Of The Draw.

From this period here she is performing "I Can't Make You Love Me" at the 1992 Grammy Awards, accompanied by Bruce Hornsby's distinctive piano [check his "The Way It Is"]. You probably will recognise the song from versions by Adele and George Michael, among many others, but Bonnie sang it first.




I could have posted many songs, in particular I've always loved Nick Of Time and You, but here is an example of her early bluesy guitar style and ballsy attitude:



And finally, from 2013, the lady keeps rolling on...




A proxima.
 
PO

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Muito boa música!!
fq

Anónimo disse...

Dear P, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful voice. Yet, I can't make you love me is best sang by Adele. At least that's what I feel. There's something more from the gut in Adele's interpretation. And I particularly like that ... but B Raitt has the most wonderful voice. Her interpretation of Love me like a Man is great! She has a soulful, bluesy voice, yet in a sort of "polite" style, if you know what I mean. I guess I prefer it rougher, but it's fantastic anyway. Thanks, P! Bjs pcp

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue