14 julho 2011

Deixa-me rir...

"Caros audiophiles, I hope you have missed being able to compose your comments as much as I have missed presenting musicians and songs!
I have now recovered from my appendix operation. Three days before, thinking I was suffering only from a kidney stone, but not wishing to disappoint my friends and sponsors, I took part in a charity "bikeathon", a 42km marathon by bicycle, through the streets of London, for the benefit of leukaemia and lymphoma blood cancer research.
By coincidence, the day after leaving hospital I heard that Andrew Gold had died from renal kidney cancer. Probably his name is not familiar to you but he was a respected American musician and singer-songwriter in the 1970s/80s. He produced albums for and performed with many famous artists before he began a solo career beginning with a big hit Lonely Boy. He later created the band Wax with Graham Gouldman of 10CC, successful with another big hit Bridge To Your Heart.
But my favourite memories are the two songs I have chosen. Never Let Her Slip Away has a wonderful easy rhythm and enchanting lyrics and remains one of my cherished all-time songs. 
Thank You For Being A Friend says everything in the title and became popular as the theme song for the tv comedy The Golden Girls.






Rest in Peace, Andrew Gold.
 
A proxima.
 
PO

3 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Thank you for being a friend, P! Glad your appendix has gone and that you are back, alive and kicking! Bjs. pcp

Anónimo disse...

Ainda bem que está de volta ao blogue, fazia cá falta. E que tudo correu bem.
Um abraço,
fq

maf disse...

Good to have you back, PO

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue