22 março 2012

Deixa-me rir...


Caros Audiophiles, yesterday I went to see Sting in concert for the first time. Fantastic performance. There was something quite intimate and revealing about the evening because he played only a few of his best-known hits and concentrated on less familiar songs which he introduced by talking about his experiences and ideas behind writing them.
I have admired his songwriting since his days in The Police when he wrote such brilliant intelligent pop songs as Message in a Bottle, Roxanne, Every Breath You Take and Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Since then I have followed his solo career with interest, exploring different music genres and surrounding himself with great musicians from the worlds of jazz, African rhythms, American country, classical, and English baroque music.
He has continued to write great songs: Fields of Gold, Shape of My Heart, Desert Rose, and I Hung My Head which was definitively covered by Johnny Cash.
Here are a few other highlights to enjoy:





A proxima.

PO

4 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Oh, how I wish I could have been in that gig with you!!! How I miss London gigs!! Bjs. pcp

Anónimo disse...

Well, pcp, just hop on a plane! Anyway, these days you have many top international artists performing in Portugal.... PO

Ana CC disse...

always the best choices.
Sting will perform again in Lisbon this july. I´ve seen him twice on stage and ist´s always amazing.

Anónimo disse...

Well, of course we have loads of international artists performing in Portugal. But there's nothing like a dark, smoky gig behind a pub in, let's say, Putney... or in Camden (the Camden Palace), where you know you can bump into Amy Winehouse (well, not anymore unfortunately...). To me there's something much more special about attenting concerts in London. And I always have my "private" musical hero around... :))) Bjs, pcp

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue