06 janeiro 2011

Deixa-me rir...

"Caros audiophiles, I hope you are not too disappointed if you were expecting another wonderful article by PCP. Normal service will resume next week.

Today I wish to commemorate Scottish singer-songwriter Gerry Rafferty who sadly died on Tuesday. Probably his name rings a distant bell to many of you but maybe you cannot link him with particular songs. However, I am certain that all of you will know the classic Baker Street for which he will always be remembered. For he was one of those unassuming, faceless artists who detested fame and the music "business" and wanted to be respected only through his music. Unfortunately he struggled personally to deal with this "business" and became a rather sad and lonely alcoholic for the last years of his life. Fortunately for us, with his distinctive voice and his ear for beautiful melodies and sophisticated production, he has left a legacy of wonderful songs. .As he himself said, whatever's written in your heart is all that matters.



From the same City to City album came his beautiful gospel influenced ballad Whatever's Written In Your Heart:



Finally, a song that should touch with cold fingers the soul of anyone who procrastinates. A good resolution fot the New Year: Don't go through life waiting, act now. Better to do something than nothing. There is no such thing as "the right moment"...



A proxima.
PO

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Dear P, I am very glad you replaced me this week. Because this way I have had the opportunity to re-listen to an artist that I had nearly forgotten. The first song, as you mention, is known to most of us (for sure). The second, however, was unknown to me and is absolutely wonderful. So moving, such a transparent voice, such beautiful lyrics and choir (love the choir!). Am I turning into a lyrics fan? I wasn't, I've always preferred the tune, the rhythm... Maybe it is age... anyway, thank you for a most beautiful start of the day. Have a glorious day, and week, yourself. Bjs. pcp (the third song is also so lovely, so pure, and TRUE....)

Ana LA disse...

Gerry merecia esta homenagem. Obrigada por trazê-lo de volta.

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue