01 agosto 2013

Filmes dos dias que correm


Hello friends,

I want to recommend an interesting, engaging and funny Saudi Arabian film that has just been released in London cinemas this week. It was my highlight of last October's London Film Festival and I'm so pleased it has finally received wider commercial distribution.

The story centres around a sparky 10 year-old girl who rebels against the traditions of her religious and cultural background and expectations, and gives an insight into contemporary Saudi life.

Remarkable in Saudi society for being written and directed by a Saudi woman - and permitted to be filmed ! - it could not be shown in Saudi because there are apparently no public cinemas - people have to cross borders into neighbouring Arab states! 

Here is the official trailer: 



Not all of you are in London or UK, but I urge you to look out for this film wherever you are.

PO

1 comentário:

LA disse...

I saw it in Rome and I agree with you: it is must see to understand the world. Furthermore it was directed by a woman who never went into a movie theater as they do not exist in Saudi Arabia

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue