30 novembro 2012

Deixa-me rir...

Caros Audiophiles, I have been suffering this past month from "zona". For anyone who has experienced it, you will know that it is very painful and makes concentration and sleep difficult. But two days ago I managed to sleep well the whole night. "At last!", I thought, the pain is beginning to reduce, normal life can begin again...

"At last" leads me, rather clumsily, to this week's featured singer. Etta James. Her career spanned gospel and soul, blues, rhythm & blues and rock & roll, and she recorded several famous songs like I'd Rather Go Blind and I Just Want To Make Love To You, but her signature song, and the title of her first album in 1960, was At Last:



Her powerful soulful voice is really well captured live on stage, here singing with Dr John and accompanied by the great BB King:




A proxima.
PO

1 comentário:

marialemos disse...

Hi PO,

Cannot open the 1st clip in here only through youtube.

Hope that you are okay by now.

Beijinho, saudades,
Maria Teresa Lemos

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue