25 agosto 2011

Deixa-me rir...

Caros audiophiles, after many weeks of commemorating artists who have recently died, this week I want to look to the present and future and introduce two different artists who are completely new to me but who, I discovered, have been performing for some years already.

Passenger is a British troubadour/guitarist called Mike Rosenberg. He used to be a group but then he downsized, and travelled around Australia, performing in the city streets where he met and collaborated with other musicians along his journey. Out of these experiences in 2010 came an album Flight Of The Crow, and this song, What You're Thinking, is the result of one of these collaborations, with an Australian musician Josh Pyke:



Keren Ann is an Israeli-Dutch singer and composer, who is based mainly in Paris and New York. Recording solo since 2000, she states that she is influenced by Jewish folk music and French chanson, by Russian literature and French poetry, and by Bob Dylan and Suzanne Vega for her unique sound. She has been compared to a dreamy mix of Françoise Hardy and  Beth Gibbons of Portishead. This is my favourite song so far, You Were On Fire:





I hope you enjoy these two distinctive voices and investigate these artists further...

A proxima,

PO

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Dear P, good to see you around! As for Keren Ann, I'm sorry but I don't see what's so special about her. She might be an intellectual (are influences are clearly intellectual) but I don't see what's sooooo different about her...Lovely, calm voice...As for Passenger, he's more my type. I like the troubadour style, the rhythm, the folk, the idea that he travelled the world over with other fellow musicians! Thanks for bringing them to us. Bjs. pcp

Acerca de mim

Arquivo do blogue